Our Lead Kits Give Families Tools to Maintain a Safe and Healthy Home
The Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program’s (CLPPP) primary mission is to offer programs that promote awareness and prevent the threat of lead poisoning across northern New Jersey. In line with this important goal, we are excited to announce that we have created five hundred lead and home safety kits, or “lead kits,” as part of our newest childhood lead poisoning prevention initiative.
With funding and support provided by the New Jersey Department of Health, these kits are being distributed to families as part of a campaign to provide families with the tools to maintain a healthy home. Our goal is to distribute all five hundred kits to the households of families enrolled in home visitation programs across northern New Jersey by June 30, 2017.
Each kit contains supplies that families can use to protect their children from the harmful effects of lead exposure and generally create a healthier and safer home. Items within each reusable tote bag include:
- A lead check swab
- Cleaning supplies such as baking soda, white vinegar, rubber gloves, a sponge, a measuring cup, a spray bottle and a microfiber towel
- A fire and carbon monoxide detector
- Recipes to make natural cleaning products
- Printed resources with additional information about home safety
- Children’s books and pajamas
For more information about our programs, please contact the Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention and Healthy Homes Program at (973) 372-4353.