Bilingual Central Intake Coordinator – Healthy Women Healthy Families of Passaic County
LOCATION: Paterson, New Jersey
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time/Non-exempt-37.5 hours/week
ANNUAL SALARY: Up to $40,000/year
JOB SUMMARY: Coordinate a Passaic County Central Intake system of reciprocal referrals to provide linkages to evidence-based home visitation services and other perinatal health care services. Maintain data systems and provide feedback to referring agencies. Promote universal screening and assessment of pregnant women.
- Maintain a system to receive assessments/referrals in collaboration with clinical and non-clinical providers.
- Maintain a feedback mechanism to referring providers for their records.
- Use assessment and referral data to make initial determination of a woman’s needs, including perinatal health care, prevention education, behavioral health, social issues, family support, and financial needs and eligibility for public assistance.
- Implement triage criteria for linkage to appropriate services, including outreach for clients without telephones, initial assessment if referral is incomplete, prenatal care, preconception/interconception care, primary care, and home visiting.
- Provide linkages to home visitation programs including Healthy Families/TIP, Nurse-Family Partnership, Parents As Teachers, Early Head Start, and all other models currently in place in the county.
- Implement coordination to ensure that there is no duplication of services and resources are maximized.
- Maintain data tracking systems.
- Handle other duties as requested.
- Associate’s Degree in psychology, counseling, or related field preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) required.
- Two years of social service experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized with meticulous attention to detail.
- High level of familiarity with health and social service resources in Passaic County required.
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite.
This position reports to Marie Kinsella, MS, MCHES, Director of Community Programs.
Please fill out the form below. All applications must include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.