Bilingual Community Health Worker-CHW Program
LOCATION: Secaucus, New Jersey
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time/Non-exempt- 37.5 hours/week
ANNUAL SALARY: Up to $36K/year
The Partnership’s Community Health Worker program educates the community about access to health and social services by offering resources and case management. The CHW program supports the preconception, prenatal/postpartum, and inter-conception of high-need women who are not currently engaged in health care or other supportive community services.
Responsible for connecting clients with services, including but not limited to healthcare, insurance, social services, and other community resources. Assist clients by coordinating appointments, making referrals, follow-up and support services as needed. Provide education to individuals and groups. Provide case management as required.
- Conduct neighborhood “on the ground” outreach and networking to connect with high-need individuals.
- Use standardized assessment tools and client-centered approaches, identify client needs, goals, strengths & challenges.
- Refer and provide direct 1:1 assistance to help clients obtain and consistently utilize prenatal care, preconception/interconception care, primary care, etc.
- Provide education about family planning services in the community to prevent unintended pregnancies and promote spacing of subsequent pregnancies.
- Provide individualized social support to encourage and reinforce health promoting behaviors.
- Provide regular case management services that include client-centered provision of health information, modeling and demonstrating skills, and reinforcing positive health choices/behaviors.
- Refer clients to Central Intake for coordination of evidence-based home visitation and other services.
- Collect data and maintain confidential client files as required by funder.
- Use personal vehicle for all travel, with valid driver’s license, registration, insurance, etc.
- Handle other duties as requested.
DESIRED EDUCATION & SKILLS:
- High school graduate required.
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience providing outreach to women.
- Familiarity with Passaic County social services.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite.
Please fill out the form below. All applications must include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. Please include the title of the position that you are applying for.
Address your cover letter to: Virginia Middlemiss, MSW, LSW, CLC, Program Supervisor.