Bilingual Perinatal Mental Health Coordinator
LOCATION: Newark, NJ
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time/Exempt- 37.5 hours/week
ANNUAL SALARY: $45,000 – $50,000
The Perinatal Mental Health Coordinator will be providing support, education, and referral information via telephone to expectant and postpartum women. The Perinatal Mental Health Coordinator will educate healthcare providers and consumers on perinatal depression and anxiety, and facilitate support groups in Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passaic, Sussex, Union, and Warren Counties in Northern New Jersey.
- Provide follow-up care via the Emotional Health Phone Support Program to perinatal women delivering and receiving care at Partnership member hospitals, community-based agencies, and home visitation programs in Northern New Jersey.
- Collaborate with the New Jersey ‘Speak Up When You’re Down’ helpline and other community/hospital-based mental health services to facilitate connection between patients who need perinatal mental health treatment.
- Establish expectant/new mothers’/bereavement support groups, either in-person or virtual, at community-based organizations such as early head starts, family success centers, faith-based, and other family-centered organizations located in the eight counties covered by the program.
- Maintain a Perinatal Mental Health Provider Directory and listing of other relevant maternal mental health resources in Northern New Jersey.
- Conduct in-person and virtual education regarding perinatal mental health for Partnership member hospital staff, community-based providers, and consumers, including perinatal women, their partners and other family members.
- Plan and organize community events, in-person or virtual, such as health fairs and workshops for expectant women, new mothers, and women who have experienced a perinatal loss.
- Assist in the planning and execution, in-person or virtual, of full and half-day professional conferences, trainings/presentations on PPD and perinatal loss to all Partnership member hospital staff and community-based organizations located in the eight counties covered by the PPD program.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with various stakeholders, including public, private, and non-profit organizations, county departments, and health insurance advocacy organizations to increase awareness and support perinatal mental health issues in Northern New Jersey.
- Complete required documentation for all activities and the program’s quarterly report.
- Handle other duties as requested.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bilingual required. Preferred languages: Arabic, Creole and/or Spanish.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology, counseling, nursing or related field.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Two years’ experience working in mental health. (Perinatal mental health preferred)
- Experience facilitating support groups
- Knowledge of support and community resources within Northern New Jersey.
- Experience in working with culturally diverse communities/families and the ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Strong verbal, written, and computer literacy skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
Offer of employment is contingent on employee obtaining the Covid Vaccine and/or showing proof of vaccination.
This position reports to the Manager of Perinatal Mood Disorders Initiative.
Please fill out the form below. All applications must include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.