COVID Community Health Worker
LOCATION: Northern New Jersey
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time /Non-Exempt-37.5 hours/week (Long-term temporary through 7/31/22)
ANNUAL SALARY: $35-$40K Plus Signing Bonus
Responsible for connecting clients with COVID vaccinations and other community resources. Assists clients by coordinating appointments, making referrals, follow-up and support services as needed. Conducts community outreach to support program enrollment. Provides education to individuals and groups. Provides case management as required.
- Conduct neighborhood “on the ground” outreach and networking to find and connect with individuals not yet vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Use standardized assessment tools and client-centered approaches, identify client and family needs, goals, strengths and challenges.
- Refer and provide direct 1:1 assistance to help clients receive complete COVID-19 vaccination course. This will include assistance in locating service providers and scheduling appointments, helping clients arrange transportation and childcare, and providing follow-up prior to and following scheduled appointments.
- Provide clinically accurate, culturally responsive education about COVID-19 vaccination and prevention.
- Model compliance with all recommendations for COVID-19 safety.
- For clients not already vaccinated, offer and provide regular case management services that include client-centered provision of health information, modeling and demonstrating skills, and reinforcing positive health choices/behaviors with the goal of completing COVID-19 vaccination course. These Case Management services will be provided according to a set schedule, with a caseload required by
- Refer clients to County Central Intake for coordination of other services.
- Complete NJ Department of Health’s Colette Lamothe-Galette Community Healthy Worker Institute Training;
- Collect data and maintain confidential client files as required by funder.
- Will use personal vehicle for all travel, and must have a valid driver’s license, registration, insurance, etc.
- Handle other duties as requested.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
High School Graduate. Associates degree preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Computer literacy. Good verbal and written communication skills. Experience providing public health outreach and high degree of familiarity with Essex, Passaic, Hudson, and Union County health and social services required. Successful applicants will have nonjudgmental attitude and be resourceful and flexible in working with clients. Bilingual Spanish, Haitian Creole, or Arabic strongly preferred.
This position reports to the COVID CHW Supervisor.
Please fill out the form below. All applications must include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.