Family Support Worker-Healthy Families Passaic County
The Partnership’s Healthy Families (HF) Program of Passaic County is a home visitation program that pairs trained Family Support Workers with pregnant women and young families. During regular home visits, families learn about child development and parenting, identify their unique strengths and skills, and develop resiliency.
*Signing Bonus Offered
LOCATION: Paterson, New Jersey *Temporarily remote due to COVID-19
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time/Non-Exempt-37.5 hours per week
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for establishing and maintaining a long-term relationship with the families enrolled in the Healthy Families/TANF Initiative for Parents Passaic County Program. Conduct home visitation services from pregnancy through the child’s third year. *During times of social distancing, Family Support Workers will work remotely.
• Outreach families referred through Central Intake or a Service Provider.
• Use standardized screening tool to determine eligibility for home visitation services.
• Conduct family-centered and strength-based Home Visits based on the assigned enrolled family’s level of service.
• Interview/conduct Parent Survey with parents to identify strengths/risk factors.
• Conduct weekly outreach efforts to engage hard to reach clients.
• Document weekly home visits, assessment tools, and forms in a timely and confidential manner.
• Utilize the Parents as Teachers curriculum to help improve parent-child interaction.
• Assist in strengthening the parent-child relationship
• Assist parents in improving their skills to optimize the home environment
• Assist in increasing the family support system and the family’s ability to problem-solve.
• Identify and refer to other supportive agencies, including healthcare appointments.
• Assist with organizing and facilitating parent workshops.
• Provide advocacy at appointments, as needed.
• Maintain own functioning vehicle in good working condition at all times.
• Handles other assignments as requested.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Two years of experience working with children (0-3 years of age) and families.
• Knowledge of normal child growth/development and parent-child relationships.
• Experience in working with community agencies, including implementing referral processes.
• Ability to establish and maintain personal/programmatic boundaries, while providing supportive services.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to individuals who may not share basic commonality.
• Experience in working with culturally diverse communities/families and the ability to be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
• Good verbal and written communication skills; computer literacy.
Please fill out the form below. All applications must include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. Please include the title of the position that you are applying for.
Address your cover letter to Wanda Brun.