IFDC FSC Volunteer & Community Specialist
JOB TITLE: Irvington Family Development Center/Family Success Center Volunteer & Community Specialist
WORK HOURS: Full-Time, Non-Exempt – 9:00am-5:00pm (evenings and weekends, as needed)
SALARY RANGE: 32,000 – 37,000 per year
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for resource and volunteer development by integrating him/herself into the immediate community and building mutually beneficial relationships with parents, faith community, businesses, advocates, and key stakeholders (i.e. schools, service providers, local and county government and other agencies). Works with the community to highlight strengths and identify challenges where resources need to be leveraged and developed to better support and serve its children, youth, and families. Plans and facilitates community workshops for participants.
- Plans and implements strategies to involve parents, educators, retired professionals, and community leaders as volunteers at the FSC;
- Incorporates and implements the Principles of Family Support and the Protective Factors into all aspects of their work;
- Plans and facilitates various FSC events, activities, workshops, etc.;
- Manages the schedules of the volunteers; Supervises the activities of the volunteers and provides direction; Reviews and implements new methods for attracting, training, and retaining volunteer staff;
- Maintains participant files in an organized and confidential manner;
- Assists with tracking services and attendance for monthly and quarterly reports as well as monthly activities calendars;
- Keeps accurate and organized files of resources and referral sources available to participants, including both community and state agencies/programs;
- Maintains an array of educational and support materials that can be distributed to participants to provide further information on issues that may be affecting them or their families;
- Attends conferences and community meetings as requested by supervisor;
- Handles other assignments as requested.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work is performed in a variety of office, health care and community settings; may involve bending, color identification, gripping with hands and fingers, hearing voice conversation, keyboarding, kneeling, lifting up to 35 pounds, pulling, pushing, reaching, sitting, standing, stooping and walking. Successful performance requires specific vision abilities that include close vision. The employee will attend meetings at a variety of places and will need to drive. Occasional stair climbing is required.
WORK REQUIREMENTS: There are no unusual work conditions. Noise level at work is moderate. The employee will experience outside weather conditions while in transit to and from meetings or during special events.
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION: Offer of employment is contingent upon final candidate’s successful completion of a physical examination.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: Associates degree in a related field is required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Two years of community partnership and outreach experience required. Volunteer coordination and recruitment is preferred. Must be familiar with and comfortable in and around the city of Irvington. Bi-lingual English/Spanish or English/Creole is preferred. Computer literacy required.
Please apply using the form below. You must include a cover letter and resume. Cover letter may be addressed to:
Program Coordinator IFDC Family Success Center
Partnership for Maternal and Child Health of Northern New Jersey
50 Union Ave Suite 403
Irvington NJ 07111