Outreach and Education Specialist-Northern/Central New Jersey
LOCATION: Northern/Central New Jersey
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Exempt- 37.5 hours/week
ANNUAL SALARY: $45-50K
JOB SUMMARY: Provide education on COVID-19 vaccine to students and staff on college campuses and virtually in Northern/Central New Jersey. Assist in marketing and social media engagement with college students for an annual public service announcement contest.
- Engage students in education on COVID-19 vaccine through college contacts and at campus events such as sports events, concerts, and other student activities.
- Promote annual student contest to key contacts at colleges and universities in the Northern and Central New Jersey region.
- Assist with activities related to the annual contest submissions, judging, and awards.
- Participate in interactive social media events with college contacts and outside vendor to promote the annual contest and raise awareness on COVID-19 vaccination.
- Assist with administration of online student surveys to colleges in the Northern and Central region.
- Engage students in brief surveys during outreach activities on campus.
- Assist in preparing bi-monthly narrative progress reports on completion of project objectives.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Public Health or related field required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in nonprofit communications/public health.
- Ability to work remotely and independently.
- Excellent writing, editing, project management, and planning skills.
- Familiarity with public health-related messaging and cultural competency strongly preferred.
- Highly collaborative styles, skilled at relationship and consensus building.
- Strong initiative and follow through with enthusiastic positive attitude.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite.
This position reports to the College Health Initiative Project.
Please fill out the form below. All applications must include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.