Program Coordinator-Flu Campaign (Part-time, Temporary)
LOCATION: Newark, New Jersey/Remote Work
CLASSIFICATION: Part-time, Temporary (through March 2022)- 20 hours/week
SALARY RANGE: $24,000 – $26,500/year
JOB SUMMARY: Work closely with the Director of Public Health Initiatives to manage a statewide public health campaign to promote influenza vaccination. Serve as primary contact for outside vendors and community partners for the influenza campaign. Provide education on influenza vaccination at community events.
- Serve as primary contact for the flu campaign to external partners and vendors.
- Identify and cultivate partner organizations/individuals in a statewide action group to promote campaign messaging to stakeholders.
- Track and fulfill campaign material orders for partner organizations.
- Provide education on influenza vaccination at community events and virtually.
- Organize action group kickoff meeting and monitor use of materials by partner organizations.
- Develop and send monthly newsletter updates to action group members.
- Administer campaign website and social media accounts as required.
- Coordinate interactive social media events to promote campaign messaging.
- Develop monthly progress reports on completion of project objectives.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Public Health or related field required.
- Minimum 1 year experience in nonprofit communications/public health.
- Ability to work remotely and independently.
- Strong proficiency with graphics software, website content management systems, social media platforms, and web analytics.
- Excellent writing, editing, project management, graphic design, and planning skills.
- Familiarity with public health-related messaging and cultural competency strongly preferred.
- Highly collaborative styles, skilled at relationship and consensus building.
- Strong initiative and follow through with enthusiastic positive attitude.This position reports to the Director of Public Health Initiatives.Please fill out the form below. All applications must include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.