Program Specialist-NJ PREP
LOCATION: Irvington, NJ – Hybrid (Office/Remote) Work Environment
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time/ Non-Exempt- 37.5 hours/week – Hybrid (Office/Remote) Work Environment
ANNUAL SALARY: $35K-$40K
Responsible for assisting with the daily operations of the NJ PREP program, including the facilitation of NJ PREP sessions throughout 6 primary municipalities.
- Facilitate the evidence-based Reducing The Risk (RTR) adolescent sex-education curriculum in high-school classrooms throughout the target municipalities (i.e. Newark, East Orange, Jersey City, Union City, Paterson, and Passaic) and other locations as needed;
- Facilitate the Teen Speak curriculum in community-based settings (including in-person and virtual environments) to parents of teens and pre-teens. Teen Speak is a curriculum aimed at teaching parents how to effectively communicate with their teen/pre-teen children about topics such as sex, drugs, relationships, etc.
- Support the project’s implementation and evaluation through designed evaluation methods and assessments;
- Establish and maintain partnerships with schools and community-based organizations within the participating municipalities;
- Gather data necessary for the project evaluation such as information collected through the following forms: Participant Pre-Evaluation Form, Participants Post-Evaluation Form, Facilitator Evaluation Form and Fidelity Log.
- Conduct all necessary marketing and outreach for student recruitment.
- Promote the NJ PREP program at numerous health fairs, meetings and events throughout the year;
- Plan and conduct workshops for conferences;
- Handle other assignments as requested.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
A bachelor’s degree with a concentration in public health, health sciences, or related fields is required.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Experience working with teen populations is required. Demonstrated understanding of public health issues, family planning/reproductive health and HIV/AIDS. Computer literacy required.
This position reports to the NJ PREP Program Coordinator.
Please fill out the form below. All applications must include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.