Program Specialist-Teen Outreach Program
LOCATION: Irvington, NJ
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time/ Non-Exempt-37.5 hours/week
ANNUAL SALARY: Up to $36K
Responsible for facilitating the daily operations of the Teen Outreach Program (TOP), including the facilitation of TOP Clubs throughout the 3 primary municipalities of Newark, Jersey City and Paterson.
- Facilitate Teen Outreach Program clubs and TOP Clubs in the target municipalities.
- Facilitate Community Service Learning (CSL) in conjunction with TOP Clubs.
- Maintain partnerships with middle school personnel within the target municipalities.
- Administer, gather, and track data necessary for the project implementation and evaluation such as information collected through the following forms: Parent Consent Forms and pre and post survey tools, TOP Club and CSL attendance tracking tools, etc.
- Assist with conducting focus group discussions for youth and parents to aid in the development of Community Service Learning opportunities and Teen Speak implementation.
- Conduct necessary marketing and outreach for TOP Club recruitment as well as Youth Advisory Board recruitment.
- Assist with the implementation of Teen Speak within target municipalities.
- Assist with the facilitation of Youth Advisory Board meetings and activities.
- Promote the Teen Outreach Program at health fairs, meetings and events throughout the year.
- Attend all required TA/trainings, meetings, conference calls, webinars and activities.
- Handle other assignments as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in public health, health sciences, or related fields; CHES a plus.
- Experience working with teen populations and facilitating group presentations/workshops.
- Demonstrated understanding of public health issues, protective factors, trauma-informed care, positive youth development.
- Computer literacy required.
This position reports to Tiffany Charles, BS, SRAS, Teen Outreach Program Coordinator.
Please fill out the form below. All applications must include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.