Program Supervisor-Healthy Families of Essex County
LOCATION: Irvington, NJ
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time/Exempt-37.5 hours/week
ANNUAL SALARY: $40K- $45K
Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Healthy Families Program of Essex County, including ongoing, intensive, professional supervision to direct service staff; direct services to clients, community relations, data collection and programmatic reporting. Supervise team of Family Support Workers and Program Assistant.
- Provide direct supervision to the Program Assistant and Family Support Workers (FSW).
- Work collaboratively with Co-Program Supervisor and work as a team to ensure success.
- Adhere to all Healthy Families New Jersey policy standards.
- Assist with interviewing and selection of staff, provide staff orientation and stop gap training.
- Assign clients to Family Support Workers.
- Meet weekly with Family Support Workers to review family case plans, progress and any problems directed not only toward assuring quality or service provision, but also toward protecting the integrity and respect of the families served.
- Coordinate all data collection for evaluation of outcomes and program success.
- Shadow FSWs twice per year.
- Maintain supervision binders updated, organized and properly stored.
- Prepare and provide all reports required by the agency and funder.
- Schedule and coordinate all HF/TIP-E parent workshops and events.
- Conduct team meetings and provide on-going staff development.
- Provide daily support, problem-solving, and crisis management while exercising prudent judgment.
- Utilize the FamSys database and to monitor program performance.
- Cultivate and maintain community relationships and act as a liaison with community partners.
- Ensure that all staff receive appropriate Healthy Families America and Prevent Child Abuse New Jersey trainings in a timely manner;
- Provide parent advocacy services with community agencies/referrals.
- Track expenses and periodically review program budget status. Create spending plans in accordance with program activities and with approval of direct supervisor;
- Monitor health trends within the service population;
- Handle other assignments as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3 years of relevant experience required.
- Four years of program management experience, community organization, and staff supervision experience.
- Familiarity with Essex County services.
- Computer literacy in MS Office Suite.
- Solid understanding and experience in managing and motivating staff as well as providing support in stressful work environments.
- Knowledge of infant/child development and parent-child attachment.
- Experience with family services that embrace the concepts of family-centered and strength-based service provision.
- Knowledge of maternal-infant health and dynamics of child abuse and neglect.
- Experience in providing services to culturally diverse communities/families.
- Experience in home visitation with a strong background in prevention services to the 0-3 age population.
- Infant mental health endorsement level III or IV preferred.
- Experience with reflective practice preferred.
Please fill out the form below. All applications must include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. This position reports to Marielle Natera, MPH, Director of Community Programs.