Program Specialist-Smart Choices for a Healthy Life
LOCATION: Newark, New Jersey (temporarily remote due to COVID-19)
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time/Non-Exempt 37.5 hours per week
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Support the goals and objectives of the Smart Choices for a Healthy Life program in Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris, Passaic, Sussex, Union and Warren Counties.
- Identifying and securing collaboration with K-12 schools and community settings that allow the implementation of the NOFAS Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders Education & Prevention Curriculum.
- Conduct the NOFAS Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders Education & Prevention Curriculum among K-12 population.
- Administer, gather, and track data necessary for the project evaluation such as information collected through the following forms: Parent Consent Forms, pre and posttests, qualitative evaluation instruments and attendance tracking tools.
- Coordinate the scheduling with school personnel within the target municipalities.
- Conduct necessary marketing and outreach for school recruitment.
- Support the Program Coordinator with quarterly reports submissions in a timely manner.
- Attend all conference calls, webinars and program meetings as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education, Public Health or related field.
- Minimum one year experience working with a broad age range of students in classroom type settings.
- Ability to clearly communicate public health information to learners of all levels and age groups.
- Comfortable with conducting presentations to groups and individuals.
- Familiarity with FASD and CADC.
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred.
- Ability to be sensitive to the community and clients of culturally diverse populations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work individually as well as function as a team member.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically PowerPoint.
Please fill out the form below. All applications must include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements. Please include the title of the position that you are applying for.
Address your cover letter to Judith King.