Public Health Programs Coordinator
LOCATION: Newark, NJ
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time/ Exempt -37.5 hours /week
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for planning, implementing, evaluating, and reporting on the HPV and Cancer Prevention Initiative in New Jersey.
- Plan, schedule, and evaluate all program activities related to the HPV and Cancer Prevention Initiative.
- Provide education and outreach to community groups, parents, adolescents, and clinicians statewide to increase awareness on the benefits of adolescent immunizations, especially HPV vaccine.
- Independently reach out to community based organizations, health systems, dental offices, and schools to coordinate education on HPV prevention to meet grant requirements.
- Distribute educational materials on HPV vaccine to parents, adolescents, and clinicians.
- Address barriers and identify opportunities/strategies for adolescent immunization.
- Collect and evaluate program outcome data.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports.
- Attend and participate in state and local immunization coalition meetings.
- Present on pertinent topics/programs/findings/best practices virtually, via webinars, or at in-person events or conferences as requested.
- Handle other duties as requested.
Masters of Public Health or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree required. Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred. Community health experience required. Experience with immunization or maternal/child health preferred. Computer literacy in MS Office. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
This position reports to the Adolescent Immunization Initiatives Manager.
Please fill out the form below. All applications must include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.