Smart Choices for a Healthy Life
Did you receive a Kit for Kids? Take our survey for a chance to win a prize!
Smart Choices for a Healthy Life is a free age-appropriate presentation for students grade K-12 which teaches children about the dangers of drinking alcohol and fulfills New Jersey’s curriculum requirement for alcohol and pregnancy education.
The presentation utilizes a nationally recognized curriculum created by the National Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome (NOFAS) to address many important health topics, including:
- The overall effects that alcohol can have on the body
- Why some people who drink alcohol become addicted while others do not
- What can happen to human development when a pregnant woman drinks alcohol
- An age-appropriate overview of fetal alcohol spectrum disorder
- The importance of treating all people with respect regardless of individual capabilities or disabilities
The Smart Choices for a Healthy Life presentation is available to collaborating schools in the Partnership’s eight county service area. During this time of distance-learning we are offering a pre-recorded Smart Choices presentation for children in grades 6-12 including digital pre/post-tests to assess student learning. We are also able to deliver the presentation “live” via your school’s virtual platform. Contact us for more information.
Call our Secaucus office at 201-876-8900 to host a training at your school or to learn more.
Funding for this program has been provided by the New Jersey Department of Human Services Division of Developmental Disabilities.