Teen Outreach Program (TOP)
The Partnership uses Wyman’s evidence-based Teen Outreach Program® (TOP®) curriculum to educate youth, ages 10-14,on adolescent pregnancy prevention using a sexual risk avoidance education approach. The primary goal of TOP is to promote positive youth development and teach teens and pre-teens how to avoid risky behaviors that may hinder growth and achievement. The TOP curriculum focuses on:
- The importance of decision making, problem-solving and goal-setting
- Education on preventing pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, and HIV
- Forming healthy relationships, including peer communication, identity, and self-awareness
- Connecting to communities by participating in Community Service Learning (CSL)
- Establishing an intention to make positive choices such as avoiding risky sexual behavior and substance abuse
To learn more about Teen Speak, a free skills-building workshop for parents and guardians of teens, please click here.
Teen Speak is an initiative of the Teen Outreach Program® (TOP®). The course is open to parents and guardians in Hudson, Essex, and Passaic counties. This program is an initiative of the Teen Outreach Program and is generously funded by the New Jersey Department of Health.
The Teen Outreach Program is generously funded by the New Jersey Department of Health.
The August Program is every Tuesday starting Tuesday, August 3, 2021, from 6:00-7:00 pm.
Attend all 4 sessions and receive a VISA gift card!
Register at http://tinyurl.com/bsbve6e5.
More sessions coming in 2021. Complete the form below or call 973-372-4353 for more information or to be notified of the next event dates.