Teen Outreach Program (TOP)
The Partnership uses Wyman’s evidence-based Teen Outreach Program® (TOP®) curriculum to educate youth, ages 10-14,on adolescent pregnancy prevention using a sexual risk avoidance education approach. The primary goal of TOP is to promote positive youth development and teach teens and pre-teens how to avoid risky behaviors that may hinder growth and achievement. The TOP curriculum focuses on:
- The importance of decision making, problem-solving and goal-setting
- Education on preventing pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, and HIV
- Forming healthy relationships, including peer communication, identity, and self-awareness
- Connecting to communities by participating in Community Service Learning (CSL)
- Establishing an intention to make positive choices such as avoiding risky sexual behavior and substance abuse
To learn more about Teen Speak, a free skills-building workshop for parents and guardians of teens, please click here.
The Teen Outreach Program is generously funded by the New Jersey Department of Health.